Oh, and while we’re talking about sex-repulsed people:
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because you have experienced sexual abuse or trauma in your past.
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because sex feels painful, uncomfortable or frightening to you.
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed and there’s no “cause” for it, it’s just how you’ve always been.
- It’s okay if you feel sex-repulsed sometimes and not repulsed at other times, or if you’ve become more/less sex-repulsed over time.
- It’s okay to be afraid of sex.
- It’s okay to think that sex is disgusting.
- It’s okay to like reading/watching fictional sex but not want it in real life.
- It’s okay to be repulsed by some sexual things but not by other sexual things.
- None of the above things make your feelings weird, messed-up or unhealthy.
- You don’t need to “overcome” your dislike of sex. If you’re happier without sex, then that’s great, you don’t need to change.
- If you want to become more comfortable with sex, or if you think therapy will help you be happier with yourself, then that’s fine, too.
- If your partner wants you to do something sexual that you’re not comfortable with, then they’re the one in the wrong, and they need to stop. Your feelings and comfort are important, and you never owe sex to anyone.
- If your partner wants you to change, or to stop being sex-repulsed or asexual, then they are wrong. You deserve a partner who loves you the way you are, respects your feelings, and doesn’t ask you to change for them.
- You do not need to be sex-positive, or willing to have sex, in order to be a “healthy” or “normal” asexual person.
- Some sex-repulsed people aren’t asexual-spectrum. All of the above applies to them, too!
- Whatever your feelings about sex are, it is perfectly okay to feel the way you do, and there is nothing bad, abnormal or wrong about your feelings.
Mockingjay Part 1
Liam Hemsworth’s time to shine
Mockingjay Part 2
Who is Gale?
Mockingjay Part 2 aka
Gale, the man who saved people from a burning district 12, the man who fed katniss’ family when her father died, the man who started to feed his OWN family at the age of 14 even though that meant having his name in the bowl 42 times, gale, the man who went back to the mines everyday even though his own father died there.
mockingjay part aka
gale, a symbol of freedom and someone we could all stand to learn from and not consistently shit on even though this post wasnt about him to begin with but hey
a k a the motherfucker that signed up first to rescue peeta from the capitol good bye and good night
when we talk about women in refrigerators it’s not always something super literal
i don’t imagine in writers room across the globe they’re all sitting there like “well we’re out of ideas let’s fridge another one” (but maybe they do i have no idea)
but what’s happening consciously or unconsciously writers are deciding that women are more valuable dead then alive. this goes way back. this is poe saying there’s nothing more poetic than the death of a beautiful woman. this is a dozen pre raphaelite paintings of ophelia drowning because they found her suffering erotic. this is the first reaction to laura palmer’s body being found being, “she was so beautiful.”
fuck this. fuck this.
i’m sick of writers getting passes. fuck this. our strong women are taken from us. we don’t get survivors. we don’t get triumph. women get chopped into artistic little pieces for the male heroes to choke own because we’re more valuable this way. because this way you don’t have to worry about our hopes and fears and opinions because we’re dead and dead women tell no tales. they can’t speak out against injustice because men took their tongues. and they think it’s beautiful. death, the ultimate passivity, the ultimate waiting room, is the most beautiful thing of all. there’s nothing more poetic than the death of a beautiful woman.
women matter. they matter when they are living. not listening to women while they’re still breathing is a failure and should not be regarded as anything else. it is a failure with very serious effects
Shoutout to the people out there who weren’t allowed to show emotion as children growing up and have issues about it as adults
Seeing so many balding college students is so sad like why is your hairline graduating before you