R.I.P To the Diner dude that protected sarah against those two baddies. Protected a strange girl harassed by two assholes. Four for you diner guy, Four for you.
Hello, anon, and thank you for the question.
This topic has been studied by by researchers for years. There are three prevailing theories that I will relay to you now.
1. It keeps him on the ground.
You may notice in the gif above that Chris’ leg starts to rise as he laughs, possibly a precursor to his entire body undergoing a sort of lift off due to his joy. Chris then employs his upper body strength to force himself to obey the laws of gravity.
2. To check on his physique.
As you may be aware, anon, it takes a lot of hard work to maintain a superhero body. Chris is concerned that in the time he has spent sitting down, sans working out or eating, he has lost muscle mass. Understandably, he feels the need to make sure that he is still a specimen.
3. Object permanence.
Object permanence is a term applied to the understanding that an object still exists even when you cannot see it. Chris closes his eyes when he laughs, making him unable to see that he has not disappeared. By grabbing his left boob, Chris knows that he has not somehow ceased to exist.
I hope this helps.
If you’re going to read manga please do not use MangaFox, MangaHere, or any other similar sites - the manga hosting sites with all the ads. I thought this was pretty well-known (it’s pretty well-known among scanlation groups I’ve found) but apparently it’s not so here’s the information on it.
Scanlators do not like those sites - I know of groups that have shutdown because of those sites. There’s a couple of reasons they do not like them and a quick search can bring up further details but here’s the main facts:
- Those sites make a huge profit margin off of scanlator’s work - they only pay hosting fees and those ads bring in money too. Most Scanlators work for free - sometimes they ask for donations but that’s it. Mangafox/here and other sites takes those works and makes money off of it. A lot of those sites are also run by the same group - NOEZ. (x) (x) (x)
- These sites do not ask scanlators for their permission to host their scans.
- They are not scanlator-friendly. (There’s been cases of them removing scanlators’ watermarks and placing in their own when watermarks - making it seem like they are responsible for the scanlations - were put in because of this.) They say they will take it down if a scanlation if the group contacts them but there’s been cases of them ignoring requests until huge amounts of readers BACK THE SCANLATORS UP TO GET THOSE SCANLATIONS OFF THE PAGE.
Either go to the scanlation group’s website or Batoto. Baka-Updates usually does a good job of keeping up scanlator’s projects - what they’re working on, publishing schedule, and when they last updated a series so they’re a good resource to see who’s working on what manga. Batoto’s nice because all of the money they make goes to two places: hosting fees + scanlation teams for RAWS, they don’t watermark, they give credit to scanlation team, and they allow easy access for scanlators to upload/remove their projects. (x)
PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT MANGAFOX OR ANY OF THOSE OTHER SITES. Respect the scanlation teams and their wishes - they’re the ones who provide you with the content after all.
i’m laughing because grrm has said so many times he doesn’t like fanfiction because he doesn’t want people fucking up his characters. has he ever actually watched game of thrones
- Reader: Haha. Quentyn you nerd.
- Reader: It's not going to work, Quentyn.
- Reader: Told you it wouldn't work, Quentyn.
- Reader: Wait--Quentyn what are you doing?
- Reader: Quentyn don't.
- Reader: Quentyn no.
- Reader: QUENTYN STOP DON'T DO IT, MAN.
- Reader: QUENTYN NO.
- Reader: QUENTYN.
- Reader: QUENTYN NO.